Tuesday, February 2, 2010

the late family...

Do you ever wonder why that late family couldn't make it to church on time at 11 o'clock? It is probably not that they slept in, but that maybe their 1 year old locked them all out of the van.

Levi was so excited to go to church because he was going to take the treat bucket to nursery that I let him get in the van while we were finishing up getting ready. Big mistake. After a while I realized that it was a mistake, but didn't do anything about it until we all went to go get in the van. He had managed to lock all the doors (they don't all work electronically, so he had to do at least one manually)and all the keys were inside the van. We had to use a package of fruit snacks to lure him into the front seat to try to get him to unlock the door. He doesn't actually know how to unlock the doors, because that takes a little more motor skills, and his fingers are not strong enough to pull up the lock. We tried to get him to get the keys and just push the button on them, but he had already put them in the ignition and they were where they were supposed to be. After about 15 minutes he pulled the door handle open just enough to pop the lock and we were off to church. We were actually going to be on time, but were now 10 minutes late.

We laughed and laughed.

I love this look - it's the "you can't get me to open the door" look.



(re-enactment photos)

4 comments:

  1. Too funny. This happened to me with 3 little kids locked in the car at the park on a hot August day. Ellie 18 months at the time had locked the door. Thank goodness the police came free of charge and was able to jimmy the door.
    It's amazing how capable they are at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were laughing about it. I've been locked out by a todder before and it was pouring rain, and I was NOT laughing! :) I love your marathon posts. Several all at once makes for lots of fun reading. And - that is better than my sporadic once every couple of months posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is hilarious, but probably not at the moment. That is great that you coaxed him to at least open the door. I love your new doll house and that the girls had to paint it, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HIlarious! I am trying to get on the update my blog bandwagon... I like reading yours!!! I wish I were a more fun mom.. can you come and teach me how????

    ReplyDelete